About APG Solar
A family run business with a passion for creating clean energy.
“We believe our first responsibility is to our customer, without whom our business could not exist. We must provide the highest level of customer service in the industry, before and after the sale. We must be prompt, accurate and courteous. We must offer the best quality products available at competitive prices.” – APG Company Mission
- We are a local family run business, providing energy solutions for homes and businesses. We are proficient at installing standard residential and commercial solar, as well as off-grid solar, well meters and agricultural meters, battery back-up systems, generator back-ups, patio covers and decorative yard structures with solar panels. We have over 600 installations and a passion for solving problems.
- Alternative Power Generation, Inc., dba APG Solar, is a full-spectrum alternative energy generation provider. Brent Jerner opened the doors in December, 2004, and the company has seen steady growth in each of the ensuing years under Brent’s ownership and management. Even in the current difficult economic climate, APG is financially solid, remains debt-free and is profitable. The business is listed with Dunn & Bradstreet at #858618312.
- APG’s primary focus has been sales, design, installation, maintenance and service of grid tied PhotoVoltaic (PV) systems for industrial, agricultural, commercial, and residential applications.
Brent Jerner, CEO
Brent has resided in Merced and Fresno counties since his birth in 1956 and is active in all aspects of his business. He brings a lifelong drive to succeed, beginning with grade school sports honors, through a 20-year boat building career, rising from an entry level position to VP/General Manager of a corporation with sales of $30,000,000 annually, to the founding and successful operation of APG Solar.
Competencies include a solid fiscal, business, and HR background, knowledge, skills, and experience in all areas of renewable energy, and extensive experience in general construction.
Brent’s passion for renewable energy is nothing new; he wrote his A graded senior thesis on solar thermal driven refrigeration at California State University Fresno, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology, Manufacturing option, Electricity/Electronics emphasis in 1982.
Brent has been happily married to his wife Marcia since their marriage in November 1984 (both 1974 Atwater High School graduates), and they have 2 young adult children, Chelsey and Coleby. Brent attends New Hope church and is a member of the local CBMC (Connecting Businessmen to Christ) chapter.
APG MISSION STATEMENT
Our Mission Statement
- We believe our first responsibility is to our customer, without whom our business could not exist. We must provide the highest level of customer service in the industry, before and after the sale. We must be prompt, accurate and courteous. We must offer the best quality products available at competitive prices.
- Our second responsibility is to all those who work with us. Each staff member must feel a sense of career security. Compensation must be fair. All APG Solar personnel, including management, must share a sense of mutual respect, and receive ideas and opinions from co-workers with an open mind. We realize our employees are our most important asset.
- Our third responsibility is to the world in which we live. We must be good citizens, support good works and charity. We must be good stewards of the environment which God, our creator has provided, and promote the use of nature’s abundant clean energy to achieve the healthy conditions essential for future generations to thrive on Earth.
Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame in October of 2010.
Inducted into the Atwater Environmental Hall of Fame in October of 2010.
Selected Business of the Month by the Merced Chamber of Commerce in September 2011. (For additional information on this story please refer to Merced Sun Star article.)
California Solar Energy Industries Association
American Solar Energy Society
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
Northern California Solar Energy Association
Better Business Bureau
Local Chamber of Commerce (Atwater, Merced, and Greater Merced)
CBMC (Connecting Businessmen to Christ)